- On a related note, Watchmen is hot garbage and not worthy of anyone’s time. Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt Such a shitty show. That show was such a disappointing turn. Note that in the post seriously why this isn’t taken down is a wonder. Why should it? Although the image is from a TV show, the event happened. It is called the Tulsa race massacre. Simply because using an image from a tv show to represent a historical event seems like it is ripe for mischaracterization Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt not saying it wasn’t a bad event. Stick to historical photos they exist to represent historical facts minus Hollywood fireworks. Hollywood is not known for portraying things accurately all the time historically, at all. I mean it is taken from a superhero drama. Doing little research it sounds like the show used the event in the first episode so there is that. Just need to be careful how we present info these days IMO. Yes, I concur that official photos exist, but reading many comments in this subreddit some of them answered my comment point out that many US citizens do not know this fact, and that Watchmen told them about it. From my point of view, it is understandable that OP used the image of the series because the series popularized this near-forgotten event in US history.
- Accurate photographs are more relevant and equally provocative probably more since they are real. I would rather not take my historical lessons from a show that goes on to reveal a giant blue superhero dick. So it’s ok to use fake images as long as they get lots of karma? Seriously the mods! they make the cup look like saints by comparison! The image comes from a TV series, but the event did happen. It is called the Tulsa race massacre. So this is fake? More BLM propaganda bull, this didn’t happen. Cause they raped that source material to death. This is awful. I never learned about it. Why would OP use an image from a movie? Not ok. When I saw this in the Watchmen I just thought it was some kind Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt of alternate history for the show. Literally until 38 years old that this happened. Definitely wasn’t in the curriculum in Florida. Glad someone pointed it out. Yeah, I was gonna say, in my original self-research, I was never able to find definitive photo evidence of the planes. Was about to ask if this was doctored. The Wikipedia article about the Tulsa race massacre cites that airplanes were indeed used as weapons.
Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt, Ladies Tee, Long Sleeved, Sweater And Hoodie
Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Ladies Tee
- And the over three hundred years of American history before this? The first day put Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt me in detention. It was a wake-up call for me about the quality. And underlying biases of education. This opened my eyes to the extent of systemic racism in the US. Especially when you realize how this was in no way an isolated incident. Similar stories can be found for several cities/towns across the country. The dramatic re-enactment of the slaughter by the TV series was less destructive than the actual event. What’s is I didn’t know about this until I watched the watchmen tv series. You should rewatch it with the graphic novel having been read. I’m sure it’s great on its own without the read but they did such a phenomenal job tying in the story into the present-day plot, it floored me. Even just small stuff in the background. I wish they’d Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt put a disclaimer on it to read it first. Twenty-six Emmy nominations for a show I was on the fence about because generally, reboots are trash. I was in the same boat about the massacre – coincidentally learned about it several months before. Completely insane that people don’t learn about it. Don’t watch the movie, at least not in regards to the series.
- The movie’s existence isn’t recognized by the plot of the series. Especially the massively unnecessary changed the ending and all of the parts left out of the movie that would’ve led up to the proper ending. All of the squid related plots are replaced in the movie. Stick with the original graphic novel. Other than the butcher job they did on the ending, the movie isn’t that bad. It’s lackluster but is visually very true to the comic. Sometimes even shot for shot, so to speak. You’ll get the Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt gist of the original story but it won’t shed light on the Ozymandias/squid storyline. I just don’t understand why they fundamentally changed the ending except to make it bigger. Ruins the whole movie. Like many people, I first learned about this from Watchmen. In fact, when I say I learned of this from Watchmen, it’s more accurate to say that I saw the episode and thought it was part of the divergent history of the world the story takes place in. Later that week I read that it was actually a thing that happened. If it wasn’t for Watchmen, half of us wouldn’t even know about it, they did a good job of hiding this part of history. The scarier follow-up question is why was this omitted from your education. Exactly my point. Watched it on a whim and it was amazing.
Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Long Sleeved
- It really connected with me for some reason, even though it doesn’t really seem to be Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt considered a masterpiece or anything. Immediately went and read the graphic novel. As for the massacre, I had coincidentally first learned about it here on Reddit a few months before the show. As for the massacre, I had coincidentally first learned about it here on Reddit a few months before the show. I can understand, obviously not condone, it is suppressed in public education but I can’t fathom how I never heard of it from activists and outside reading. In a just world, this would’ve been over. After Trump told Proud Boys to stand down and stand by. Biden was saying what we were all thinking. Trump was unhinged tonight. To clarify, he’s always unhinged but he was also unhinged tonight. I love it when Biden told him to shut up. Oh man, what a messy night. Well, this episode of Black Mirror was more stressful than I thought. When Biden called him a clown I cheered man. Going after his son for substance abuse issues? Chris Wallace Will, you denounce right-wing white supremacists groups like the Proud Boys?
- Trump. Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. Standby? Seems clear that Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt sees white supremacist groups as arms of his own personal military. How can anyone watch this and think I’m voting for Trump. I said the same thing to myself 4 years ago. Stop the silly about this being a circus or an SNL skit. Those two events have two jokesters. Tonight we have one very serious and strong candidate and one Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt absolute show. It’s our responsibility on social media and in conversation to point that out. Quit getting fake internet points for your take. Trump. Proud Boys, stand back and stand by.I can only hope that, like the Tulsa rally, they fail to come out for him at all. This is why you need to volunteer to work your polls. If you’re a bigger dude and have the time and care for this country, do your part and volunteer at your polling place. Don’t let anyone intimidate anyone into not voting. This is the most important election of our lifetime and this country won’t be the same come election night. This is what I’m doing. I’ll be damned if any Trump nuts are going to intimidate my polling station. I’m personally proud of Joe Biden for standing up to a bully. But I’m not a coward.
Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Sweater
- So YMMV. The Republican Party? Or Trump? What’s the difference I guess. Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt I hope everyone in the UK sleeps in so we can retain whatever shred of respect they held for us for just a few hours longer. This was a national embarrassment. Fox News is spinning this as Trump is a fighter. He’ll fight for you like he did tonight. How delusional. Anyone else relived the childhood trauma of mom and dad fighting? How can anyone vote for Trump after that? It was a 90-minute opportunity to see why America fell apart. Such a gong show. Trump is a buffoon. By turning everything into a joke. Trump won in 2016. If America’s not careful it’s going to happen again. Biden needs to show some anger. And treat this election as the national emergency that it is. Disrespecting Trump is the best way to bait him and get him off balance. Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt I think he’s alternating between that and anger. You could tell Biden thoroughly prepared and strategized for this. And yeah your also right, the idea you were young and foolish is probably just something that would get seriously abused heck it already is if applied to politicians. And I’d argue that should also be a very valid security concern if such a scenario should occur.
- You can tell Trump’s preparation was basically having a divorce. Uncle explains the latest Breitbart headlines to him. When he talked about being proud that his son overcame a drug problem I was like. You betta! Biden is murdering him. Hell, he doesn’t even have to say anything.Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt Just laugh at this clown. Every time Biden laughs, it’s every single one of us he’s laughing for. And then we realized half of America either don’t think or heard what they wanted to hear. What Trump is doing now has worked for him for the past 5 years. It’ll still work now. Can’t believe Americans lap it up. Will, you shut up man? This is exactly Trump. This is how he operates. I don’t know how Biden can prepare for this unhinged The Pod Save America guys suggested on yesterday’s show that the only way to prepare would be to have someone just spinning a ratchet. Preparing would be to condition yourself not to respond to nonsense, and simply apply verbal Kung foo, using the opponent’s words against them. A dismissive “that’s fake news” is all it takes. Don’t try to break down the lies one by one. It’s not worth it. Dismiss the lies with a VERY concise broad statement and move on to actual content.
Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Hoodie
- But a quick Google search of plane photos yielded nothing. Yeah from what I Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt remember, mentions of planes were from witness accounts. I mean, it’s not like everyone had phones back then. Most photos are of the aftermath. Ah gotcha, wondered how they took such a clear pic of a plane. Oh, yes. Although planes were used to drop incendiary objects in the massacre the source being many testimonies, Afaik most photos, if not all, portray the city after the massacre, so no plane appears in them. Interesting. Glad someone knows so much about it. This is why in the end he was the only one to say no to the Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt plan at the end of the movie. He was Great Patrick Mahomes Kansas City 5 Shirt willing to die for what he thought was right. He ended up being the more human characters because he refused to follow the logic of the argument. My point is, he sure as hell wasn’t portrayed as a racist in the movie. And since the show was about the characters disrupting the plan. I thought the masked guys would be some organized cult to disrupt the plan.
- Boy was I wrong. Edit to add more. I saw the mirror cop guy have more in common with Rorschach b3cause he had a screw loose but definitely had that sense of justice. It was also mentioned on Last Week Tonight less than 24 hours ago. Just started watching it and thought this Great Rip Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 1 Shirt looked exactly like it. Damn. I was like How have I never seen the photo! I first heard of it from last night on John Oliver which is why it’s being shared a lot now I believe. I’m 21, and the fact that there are 50 yo that don’t know or believe this is disappointing. When I was in high school in 2003, my junior-year U.S. history class in a remote logging town started with the plight of immigrants at Ellis Island in the early 1900s and finished with the Great Depression. That’s it. About thirty years mostly focusing on individual hardships and no broad strategic history. No wars, no formative history, nothing. That class was the only U.S. history class I was asked to take, and I took no civics nor even world history for my high school diploma. I’m relieved I took the time to study independently. But asking about the American Revolution.