- But at the end of the day, as long as revenue is being turned into profit, that’s Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt means that businesses can afford to pay their people. CEOs are beholden to shareholders, and managers and HR are beholden to the businesses- neither care about the employees other than a source of labor. Our capitalist nation has a systemic issue with how it views labor. It’s not a radical idea to pay a fair wage for labor if you’re being paid a fair cost for your products. The gaping Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt wealth inequality in our nation comes from suppressing wages and increasing productivity and profits. Human capital and labor should be an investment, not just another cost. Companies that are notorious for treating their employees well (like Patagonia and Costco) have much less turnover and higher job satisfaction. When your employees feel valued, there is more buy-in and loyalty. Great 2 Biden Please Let Us ShirtThey work harder and do a better job. When they need a day, for mental health or life stuff or a cold, and their boss is inclined to give it to them.
- All of a sudden employees are being more honest. @danpriceseattle has solid Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt proof that cutting executive salaries to pay employees more has a larger net benefit than a real good CEO (because define that for me.) We’ve been talking about the alienation of labor since Marx and Ford (and Ford was the father of modern productivity and efficiency, but he paid his workers to double what other companies paid because he believed that happy and financially secure Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt workers would work faster.) I just don’t understand where this cognitive dissonance is- paying people a living wage should not be a negotiation between independently wealthy, Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt privileged white men being paid $175k/yr as elected officials. Acting in constituents’ best interests should be the name of the game. Period. Full stop. What we’re seeing are legislators who view their constituents as their donors, and not their voters. Arkansas has the 7th highest poverty rate in the US right now (17.2%). And that’s just the poverty line.
Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt, Ladies Tee, Long Sleeved, Sweater And Hoodie
Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Ladies Tee
- That’s playing to the lowest common denominator. Lol, what makes you guys think you have Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt ANY influence over Manchin? He’s the Senator from West Virginia. His ability to unilaterally block legislation is just what happens when we’re 50-50 in a Senate that’s rigged in favor of the GOP. Manchin is a Republican in democratic clothing. He is an asshole and has gotten worse now that he has this kind of power. I wish he would get voted out but just like Moscow Mitch and Cancun Ted he just keeps getting re-elected. We either have to subsidize corporations by paying into food stamps or corporations can pay these people living wages. The only reason it’s not the latter is that the Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt major corporations paying slave wages would rather tax-paying Americans pay the difference. Republicans oppose both the food stamps and the increased wages, so I guess they’d rather poor people just die. And I know the counter to that is well that’s on the people in the state. I partly agree but as someone in TN.
- To be honest, I’d prefer if the minimum wage was tied to the cost of living in a given area. Make a good faith effort to create a formula and that would make way more sense than an across-the-board increase. I know it’s a lot harder to sell to the voting public, but it makes way more sense. Blanket $15 Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt does not work. An NYC business is not the same as a Kentucky business. Let each state decide what is best for them and if people (or businesses) don’t like it they can move. Most have during the pandemic anyway so don’t tell me that logic doesn’t have legs. Some companies (especially mining) used to “pay” their employees with tokens that could ONLY be spent in a shop owned by the Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt company and the prices were jacked so the employees and their families used to have to get credit from the said shop. Result……always in debt and the company didn’t have to really spend any money on wages. I bet some companies would like it that way now.
Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Long Sleeved
- If you would have asked me 5 years ago if we could afford $15 per hour for our employees, Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt I would have been on the “this will kill small business” side of things. We have always paid our employees above our state’s minimum wage, which is $9, but not by a lot. But knowing in my heart that $15 was right and the direction we’re going in as a country, I spent the last 3 years strategically toying with our margins, subverting industry norms, adapting our budget, and Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt voila! In an industry that hardly–if ever–makes a profit. I was able to find in our business plan room to improve employee pay and during the pandemic, we hit a sustainable $15 for all 8 employees. It took time, so I’m sympathetic to the idea that it should be progressive over time. But I can’t get myself to sympathize with the “it’s just not doable, I’ll have to raise my prices!” Again, my Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt revenue is capped. I can’t raise it because it’s set by a third party and non-negotiable.
- BUT. By paying my staff more, the entire business we’re offering to the public is of a higher quality and the increase in morale led to less turnover all around. I do not miss that couple of thousand dollars per payroll when the business’s income is steadier, and we no longer have the sudden and Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt unexpected turnover expenses. If your business plan cannot be adapted to pay a living wage to your employees, you should either be doing all the labor yourself or your business model is not sustainable and shouldn’t hold the entire country’s workforce hostage for failing to meet the demands of the market. Updating to add: If businesses just put the same energy into cutting other Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt expenses that we do when we immediately jump to cut labor costs when things get tight, we’d all be better off. Negotiate your contracts. Get comps on vendors. Then Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt consider increasing your own prices. Your better-paid employees will provide better-quality work and you may be underselling yourself in the first place just to soak up more work than you should be doing. That’s not a success.
Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Sweater
- The politicians making these decisions should have to live on the wage they’re Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt proposing for a year and see how they like it. And they wouldn’t be able to use all of their stocks and investments and everything else that they live off of. Just a minimum wage like the people that they’re trying to screw over. I’ve worked both in Cali and on the East Coast. In Cali… we need the $15. Idk how so many are not on the streets and hustle to feed themselves. Boston has better-Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt renting laws and often you’re paying one amount for rent, utilities, water and all you have to get is the internet. This makes sense and is easier. Still to have decent food and pay for transportation… People need better opportunities and the $15 will help them. Cali needs more than $15, or some other solution because $15 is not enough to survive renting a one-bedroom apartment. Maybe renting out a Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt room from someone who owns a house. Places around me are already paying $12 an hour.
- It’s not like it’s going to happen overnight, isn’t the plan to increase over time to allow businesses to Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt adapt. And isn’t the whole idea is if people are paid more, they will spend more, increasing revenue for the businesses so they can pay more. My family always screaming that this will kill small businesses, but I’m like well people will be spending more money on those small businesses when they have more money so the business will be able to pay workers more with the increased Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt revenues. I don’t get it. If your running a store and you have 5 employees on the floor (which for a small business is a lot) you’re telling me selling $20 more an hour in employees will make or break you? Are you operating in such thin margins? Also, I will gladly pay 1$ more for any item if it means higher wages for all. Look, I own a childcare center. My business receives a Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt subsidy that has rates set by the government for a majority of the students. Our revenue capability is quite literally capped by the government in this way, and a few others.
Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Hoodie
- Not people scraping by paycheck to paycheck (because our poverty equation is Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt seriously outdated. It’s the cost of a basket of groceries x3. It’s from the 60s.) Tim cotton should be chomping at the bit to get more money into his voter’s pockets, not trying to figure out how to keep them in wage slavery to their corporate overlords. A living wage for the average family in the US right now is $21.50. We should not be nit-picking about how much lower than $15 we can go, we Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt should be talking about our plan to make sure wages keep up with productivity and costs of living. We can afford to be the greatest nation in the world, we just really really like slavery. In this case wage slavery, by turning the minimum wage into a poverty cage, rather than a tool to end wealth inequality. According to Poverty guidelines, $21,720 is the poverty line for a household Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt with 3 people. So glad we are still fighting for a minimum wage that is just slightly barely a bit above the poverty line.
- The current minimum wage is just above the poverty Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt line if you live alone. For the greatest country in the world with the greatest economy ever (according to the previous president and many republicans) it is crazy that we still allow companies to pay people such pathetic wages. Cool 50 Years Of Carolina Hurricanes Shirt Million and Billionaires don’t make a great economy, fortune 500 companies don’t make a great economy, the fucking stock market doesn’t make a great economy. Poor people not being poor does. Companies not forcing their employees to use government assistance makes a better economy. Making sure that everyone can at the bare minimum afford to live is a better economy. I can’t Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt believe we are still fucking having this god damn conversation. I’m not really a fan of raising the minimum wage broadly-speaking, but they were Great 2 Biden Please Let Us Shirt arguing for a $15 minimum wage back when Obama was president. At this point $15 isn’t even controversial, it’s just a matter of time until it lines directly up with the purchasing power of the original wage set in 2009.